Monday, June 18, 2012

~The Little Miss and her First Birthday~


The Invitation...
Can you pick the theme?! I loved the idea of using polka dots and then carried the polka dot (circular) theme through to the invitations, decor and food! I had so much fun planning this party. The colours I used were pink and white.....right down to the The Little Miss' polka dot birthday dress.


Party Decor... a year in clothes!
Such a sweet idea, borrowed from Mell from Ella's first birthday.
String, pegs and some baby clothes, super easy and super cute!!


Something special to put into a time capsule...


Have done this for both of my kids now and it's something special that you can bring out at a birthday later down the track, like an 18th or 21st. It doesn't have to be anything detailed or say specific things but a good tip , if you plan to use this idea, is to have near the cards a small list of Topic Starters. They may include things like, "My hopes and dreams for you are...", "I love you because..", whatever you want really. oh and pens that work :)


Some simple but OH SO BEAUTIFUL deco's!
I think they may just be my favourite feature for this party. Just love the colours, the softness and prettiness of the pom poms,coupled with some paper lanterns...perfect for the Little Miss in your life. Another combo of colours that would be oh so sweet is pastel yellow, white and maybe even a touch of pink. Delicious!
I will add a tutorial on the paper pom pom's at a later date, they are easy to make if you have a bit of time and enjoy getting crafty!

THE PARTY TABLE 
(before food)

Some yummy treats

More yummy treats. Love the tea cup biscuits- so cute!


~ Yummy food ~


How easy are circles to incorporate into food?! And lots of fun to plan!

Some bubble fun....more round things!! Yes I think about these things! hehe.




Perfect for the rainy backdrop we had that day to see glorious bubbles floating around. Adults and kids alike had an absolute ball!




The polka dot birthday cake! Not my best but the birthday girl was happy and that's the main thing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment