Sunday, January 16, 2011

{Circus} Party

Jacob's 5th birthday circus party was a big hit with the small folk (and, considering the level of dress up by the adults, I assume them too!) We had been to the Moscow Circus 6 months earlier, and he just could. not. stop. talking about it! Usually I watch very closely during the year for things that interest the kids, or things/experiences that they really really loved though the year, and we work on parties from there.

This was the AMAZING cake made by by friend Lou, email me if you are in the Blue Mountains area if you think you'd like to get in contact with her. You can only ask... right?!?


This is my Jacob, he wanted to dress as a tightrope walker... I found his whole outfit on ebay, the pants are Elf pants!


 This is my whole family, My mother and father, husband, kids and Grandmother. Aren't we all cute!?! 


This genius outfit was thought up by my sister-in-law, the bearded lady, and she's holding my baby tiger!


For activities we had juggling ball making. I had pre-made three balls for each child and cut the holes on the remaining balloons, so the kids (then 5 and under) could just slip the colours over with a little adult help. If you are unsure about how to make juggling balls from balloons, just give it a google, there are plenty of tutorials out there.


These were the top hats (and our grand friend Joe flashing his killer smile behind them!) 

The purpose of these top hats were to house all the bits and bobs as we did all the activities. They are real live felt top hats, and (sit down while I tell you...) 10 brand new top hats cost me $20 on ebay! TWO BUCKS A POP??? WHAT THE???
So inside already were a few little sweet treats, a red nose (bulk from ebay)

then in went the juggling balls, three per child...

The magic wands that the kids created... So simple... scroll down for a tutorial!


First, you get a genius like me to think up this (I assume) awesomely original idea

THEN... 

Purchase (or grab from the shed) some thin wooden dowel, some clear tube that the dowel will fit inside, and some foot stoppers that will fit on the end of your tube. 

Cut it all to lengths (not too long, not too short, I think about 15-20cm per go)

Pop it all out with some glitter and other types of sparkles for the kids to create their wands.

Put a stopper at one of your tube, then pop the dowel in. Fill with glitter and pop another stopper on the other end... brilliant!

Cost, probably between $1 and $1.50 each, depending on if you have the stuff in the shed.


So there you are. A cute little party with wonderful treats for the kids... everyone is happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment