Sunday, January 16, 2011

{Tea Party} Party

In October 2009 my baby girl had her first birthday, I had planned a few fabbo birthday's by now, but only for boys, this was my FIRST EVER girl's party and I was STOKED! As she wasn't really "into" anything (what with only being one!) we planned a girly little Tea Party for family only.


This is Ella-Rose and her Daddy, her brother Jacob, their Grandfather, and Travis, all helping to blow out the candles. A good time was had by all!



When I plan a party, it's usually many many months in advance (sometimes shamefully a year or more!) and while party planning is a very exciting time for me, I'm really not all that into planning the food, so usually we enlist the help of some very wonderful Grandmas!



This was my first real try at fondant, it worked well, we will be showing some hints and tips on using fondant here on the blog.




Ella's Ella-phant cup cake


Two Op Shop sundae vases filled with coffee sachets. $4


One exciting thing to use as decorations for big birthdays (1st, 16th, 18th, 21st and so on) are baby clothes on twine using cute little wooden pegs (which I didn't here, but just imagine!) and guess what... THEY ARE FREE DECOS!!!!





I love to make sure that the adults don't feel forgotten when giving thanks for bringing the kids to parties, in this case I made these lavender filled tea bags as part of the adult take home gifts, we popped them into mugs I had purchased earlier in the year with a few chocolates, and there you go.... SUCH cute!



When I plan a party, I like to think about a substantial gift, that doesn't cost too much, and isn't full of sugar like most treats! I will cost out this favor (guests who were invited, no peeking!)
The kid's take home. Soda/Milkshake cups with an array of drawing products...

A Soda/Milkshake glass - $1.00 (on special from Kmart 2 months earlier)
A long squiggly pencil - 20c
 Some stickers - 10c
A note pad - 20c
Some crayons 10c
 Dress up necklace for good measure - 20c

(FYI, the adult gifts cost about the same, perhaps a little less)

So in total, it cost $1.80 for these totally sweet little kids gifts with not a bit of sugar in them! 

TIP: Purchase specific items that have SOMETHING to do with the theme, but don't have something TOO specific set in your mind, that is when it can get expensive!


TIP : Sometimes when playing games, it's a bit hard to find little gifts for little ones, if in doubt, make up some cute baked goods, pop them little boxes or bags and hand them out once the party game has been won!

A few little touches. 1) The yummy selection of tea bags 2) The face washer cupcakes for each guest to take home also serving as decorations 3) The adult take home gifts hanging around the room (again, as decorations) 4) Ella's baby clothes 5) Photo cubes I made from card 5) The tablecloth I made especially for the occasion.


Hope you get some great ideas that you can use for your next party!


No comments:

Post a Comment