Monday, January 17, 2011

{Things With Wings} Party - Image Heavy

Ella's 2nd Birthday was themed "Things With Wings" we had noticed during the year that she had been infatuated with things that fly (as most toddlers are) and so we picked the theme based on that.

These are the flowers that I made. The center of each of the flowers (the circle in the middle) is made from hand made (also by me and the kids) paper, and through the paper is tiny little seeds that grow flowers when the paper is planted (My Mother-In-Law planted hers and they have grown... I think!)


 I also created these cute little leafs that also had instructions for planting


The table, half finished, no food yet!

TIP: Big pieces of fabric and long table cloths cover up all the things that you want to hide away for the party!


The cake. This cake was two Coles chocolate mud cakes on top of one another. They are "glued" with icing and covered with fondant. Then I tied a bow around it with some ADORABLE ribbon that I picked up at Go-Lo.

TIP: If you can't make it...  FAKE IT!!! Not only was it super tricky to just use pre-made cakes, but the top layer is just a formed slab of fondant!!! (The top layer was just missing a little something)


Favors, a few little lollipops in a pretty little box!


OHHHHHH! the magic party bottles again!


The kids party favors. In here were bubble blowers in the shape of - purple butterflies for girls and blue ladybugs (I think) for boys. I was trying to keep my eyes peeled for relevant party favors for months, finally I found it all in one day! The bubble blowers were $2 each from Go-Lo...


We had 1 "baby" (he was ALMOST not a baby, but the favors were not suitable for him) and I created a little all-in-one (onesie) with a pic of an airplane on it. Cost, about $2


These cute little marbles I found on clearance for $1 a pack. They really were very beautiful, I picked up dragon, bumble bee, butterfly and owl. CUTE AS!!!



I picked up these butterfly lollipop templates online somewhere (again sorry, no idea where!) and I made about 20 and we stuck them around the room. The aim of the game was to collect all the butterflies (and chocolate ladybugs) and put them in a bowl (to be divided evenly later) 


My Cherubs - Jacob was from NASA (as close to dressing up as he goes now that he's "big")
Travis was a bat (with a collingwood shirt on) Thanks Ella for having your birthday so close to Halloween!
Ella (the birthday girl) was a bumble bee, the plan was for her to be tinkerbell, but she was too tiny for her outfit, so I whipped up this cute little dress and hair clips... ADORABLE! 

  
Here she is again


Travis "holy smokes batman" and Lovely Luci. 


 Ella cutting her cake.



Some adults dressing up


THE INVITE - A Book








Hope you have some new ideas for your next party!


No comments:

Post a Comment