Monday, January 24, 2011

{Pink Party} Baby Shower

I have four children, first we had Jacob, our precious little Jubby, then we had a little bubby who didn't make it much past 7 weeks gestation. Then we had our adorable little Travis and we figure we would quit while we were ahead. We made some extensions to our house and decided that we could probably fit one more Mallin in the place...

The day came to find out if bubby *4* was pink or blue, and there she was... a little pink one! So we planned that way! Now I REALLY VERY MUCH DISLIKE PINK! But I figured I must embrace the girly in me and I decided on a pink party. It was quickly taken out of my hands by my sister-in-laws, Mother-in law and my Mum, but they did me proud!


First we had a little nibble from the vast array of yummy and mostly pink foods - Pink, black and white decorated cupcakes, pink chocolate fountain (white chocolate coloured pink) with white and pink marshmallows and a big yummy bowl of strawberries, cherry ripe slice, coconut ice, dips, crackers, meatballs and party sausage rolls... YUM YUM YUM!!! 


Then we moved into the real entertainment - GAMES AND WHAT-NOT!

First we did a painting for our little bubby's room - pink, white, black and every colour in between hand prints on a blackish grey canvas. 


Dummy spitting, tantrum throwing, and pull-the-tag pinata (we were ladies after all).


Throughout the afternoon was another "activity" in which everyone wrote encouraging or funny words on the front of newborn nappies for a little giggle or "awww" moment in those early hour (or several middle of the night) nappy changes. Some of these included "Daddy's Turn", "Give up and send me to Granny" and "If you think THIS is painful, wait until you meet my 1st boyfriend"



Following all that, it was time for presents! And what beautiful presents they were!!! But that was not all, oh no THAT was not all (Eeeps, too much reading Dr Seuss!) I was presented with a little pink and white striped box that contained little pink monies ($5 bills here in Australia) to put towards the baby carrier that I was REALLY yearning for, but doubt we could otherwise afford. Naw... thanks guys!!!

A giant thank you to the team that put together a seamless shower, even though I heard the "horror" stories (note "horror"... the stories were not actually THAT bad!) there was no way to tell because it ran so lovely and smooth!





 Brilliant ideas here, I'm sure they could be changed to accommodate a little blue one's arrival too!





No comments:

Post a Comment